Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Acrylic Painting on Canvas Back Garden Horizon

horizon landcape from light switch landscapes (paint walk)
This Painting is in acrylics on a 10 x 30 cm stretched canvas

This is pretty much the view from the back garden. Its painted in acrylics on stretched canvas sized at 30 x 10 cm. The sky is painted in Cobalt blue, Naples yellow and Process yellow and this gives the range and depth of hues. The sky was worked in quickly using dry brushes and blended together.
detail of painting showing sky colours
Detail of the Acrylic Painting 
Light Switch Landscapes' are small landscapes usually about the size of a standard light switch. I came up with the name because of my habit of nailing paintings to the nearest wall while I'm painting them. (Please note:  I am aware of the electricity cabling in my home).
detail of garden landscape horizon right hand side
Detail of the Painting (right Side)

Paint walk